Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh, the writing blues

The writing life is tough. Finding an agent for "Gene Linked," a home for my short stories, and sinking my imagination into my current writing project hasn't been easy. Between preparing lectures for my teaching responsibilities and seeing to my children's needs and emotions, there is little time left at the end of the day. What happened to hobbies? What's to become of the unfinished sweater I'm knitting or the scrapbook of last year's vacation which sits on my workbench undone? Who's been weeding my gardens? Not to mention the many, wonderful books I have yet to read. Life was simple once, before cell phones, organized travel sports, TV clickers, computers ... email. Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was not too much to do--but to write.

2 comments:

Dennis Royer said...

I feel your pain. Although I enjoy my day job, how much more productive of a writer could I be were I one of the idle rich?

Cate Masters said...

I wish I could find a way not to sleep...