- I'm very distractible.
- I'm not cut out to write for long, uninterrupted periods. (See #1)
- The combination of the lure of the Internet and the habit I've developed of frequent check-ins is much stronger than I realized.
- I need to power through the first painful "I can't do this/this is too hard" phase to get to the sweet spot where I can focus and concentrate. Telling my daughter to turn off the TV helps, too.
- Butt in chair, eyes on work remains a viable writing rule.
I've logged a little more than 5 hours since last night, so I still have about 2 hours to go (I'm flexing my day to work around my family's schedule...and my distractibility ;-) It has been a very productive five hours. Which leads me to:
- I need at least one of these a month.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Writers Write Day: Part 2
Things I discovered while trying to implement Writers Write Day: