Monday, January 7, 2013

It's That Time of Year Again - Part 2

In addition to voting for our favorite authors in the Preditors and Editors poll (see Cate's post below), it's the time of year where we all make resolutions and set goals. One week into the new year, some of us have probably already broken some of our resolutions, but if we set our goals in a way that makes them clear enough to be broken down into bite-sized pieces, we're more likely to get where we want to go.

If you're looking for a way to make that happen, take a look at my article on SMART Goals on the Institute of Children's Writers website. You don't have to be a writer to set goals.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Shall take a look!

chazalou said...

Hello :D I have set my writing goals for the year :D I have struggled to get motivated in the past but this year I will try to write everyday, so far so good!

Cate Masters said...

Great practical approach to a practice that is, by nature, nebulous. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Lawmaster Hess said...

Thanks for reading, everyone! Now I have to practice what I preach!

Laurie J. Edwards said...

Great article, Lisa!!

Lisa Lawmaster Hess said...

Thanks, Laurie! I love writing for this market. Jan is so easy to work with.