Saturday, March 3, 2012

Celebrate Read an E-Book Week!

Did you know ebooks have been in existence for 41 years? Its true - the first ebook was created in 1971 as part of Project Gutenberg. Amazing!

Ebooks overwhelmingly outsell print books these days, and for good reason. Actually, several good reasons!

They're mobile. Instead of carrying one paperback, you can now carry hundreds of books at once. My Kindle's currently holding about 270.

You don't need a special device to read ebooks. Kindles and Nooks are great, but you can also read on your phone, or your computer with free apps.

You can buy an ebook in seconds. A wonderful convenience.

Your favorite authors' books are available as ebooks. And you might find a few new favorites, too.

My kids bought me a Kindle last Mother's Day, and I love it. The font size is adjustable, but with newer ebooks, most are formatted so they're easy to read. But with 270 ebooks loaded, I have some reading to catch up on.

Check the E-Ink Facebook page for more news and giveaways.

Will you celebrate Read An E-Book Week by reading an ebook? Which are on your TBR list?

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I have one of yours on my TBR ebook list, Cate, and I'm buying two today written by two blogging buddies. Ebooks are great.

Cate Masters said...

Aw, you're sweet, Susan. I just grabbed Beyond the Gate, too, and can't wait to read it.