Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pennwriter Conference

Hi Everyone:
The Pennwriters Conference was terrific this year. One of the best workshops, Social Marketing, was taught by Agent Janet Reid. She is a big fan of Twitter and Blogging. She emphasized that in blogging, it's not about you. It's about getting other people to follow you because your blog is interesting and fun.
She suggests talking about books you're read or conferences you've attended. Let others join in on the conversation and learn new things. We need to develop links to other blogs.
I was thinking maybe we could do Blog interviews with people like Catherine Lawrence from the Midtown, and Debbie Beamer from the Mechanicsburg Mystery Book Shop. Get their perspective on what's going on in publishing. Maybe there are other folks we could bring in.
Susan Gourley and I talked about it and agreed we both need to get more involved.
So let's talk about it and figure where we want to go and develop a schedule.

3 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Great points, Don. Interviews are great. I'm doing one my blog at the start of May with Jon Sprunk. I want to do one with Cate also. Booksellers are great people to interview and link with.

Cate Masters said...

Great ideas! It might be nice if each of the Susquehanna Writers authors did a post to introduce him/herself and their works. A once a month post from each would keep the blog active, and everyone's welcome to post their news whenever. Cross posts from your own blogs are great too. :)
Susan, I'd love to interview you too! Thanks.

Lisa Lawmaster Hess said...

Good thinking, Don! I attended that workshop,too, but my favorite was Tim Esaias's workshop on conflict. He made it seem so easy! I love a good takeaway!